Questions to ask yourself:
1. What does your business do?
2. What you will need to get your business up and running?
Common start-up costs
• Inventory and supplies
• Rent & Utilities
• Equipment (computers, machinery, printers, telephone…etc)
• Office furniture
• Marketing and advertising costs
• Postage & Shipping costs
Sources of Funds
• Your own money – as a loan to the business
• Money from family and friends – can be a gift or a loan
• Loan from banks and other lenders – usually includes interest
• Government Grants – May be bound legally to use it under the terms of the grant, or otherwise you may be asked to repay it
• Equity Financing – Exchange a portion of ownership (equity) of the business in exchange for their investment