The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) offers free Liaison Officer services that provides tax support for unincorporated small businesses.
You can arrange to meet the The Liaison Officer in-person, or you can sign up to attend a group seminar.
What services are provided
During an in-person visit, a Liaison Officer will:
- Answer your tax-related questions and address concerns
- Discuss common tax errors and financial benchmarks in the small business community
- Provide information on various tools and services offered by the CRA
- Offer to review your books and records, and provide recommendations on how to strengthen your bookkeeping system
During a seminar, the Liaison Officer will:
- Explain common tax errors
- Demonstrate how to use financial benchmarks for relevant industries
- Provide information on the CRA’s services
- Explain general bookkeeping concepts and best practices
For more information, visit the Canada Revenue Agency – Liaison Officer Services on https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/programs/about-canada-revenue-agency-cra/compliance/liaison-officer-initiative-loi.html